My first review ever! XD
Last June, while I was in my “must get that membership card!” mode, I came across a few raves in the candymag forums on a particular lipgloss/tint from Skinfood, Curious, I read searched for more about it. Since there are quite a few reviews on it, I decided to purchase it myself.
|Flash on. Near to actual color of liptint|
Jump to see more of the product!
The SA told me that the Tomato Jelly Lip Tint is one of their best sellers (I think, she suggested that product a week before too). She gave me the #3 shade, since it was best suited for my skin color (a bit tanned skin tone). Sadly, there weren’t any testers of it that time (they just opened after renovations), but I took it anyway. (I like their SA. They know their products. And they’re very accommodating too.)
3 weeks have passed. And I’m loving this product.
- Cost: P595 (approximately $12.80)
- Color: If you’re after a little bit pinkish-reddish tint on your lips, but not too wild, this is good.
- Smell: has this hint of berries, just like those normal berry-peach lipglosses, but better. Doesn’t give this “cheap” smell, typical to Skinfood products.
- Taste: Not yucky, for sure. It has this slight taste of peaches, I think.
- Texture: Just like any of those normal stick lipgloss
- Long wear. You only need to apply it once/twice during the day. But it really depends on what you do (drink a lot of water, etc)
- It’s pretty small. You can place it anywhere. 🙂
|Liptint and a pen|
I don’t like it really bold on my lips so I pass through my lips once.
I tried creating a swatch for it using my hand and on a tissue paper.
|Swatch 1: On my hand|
|Swatch 2: On tissue paper|
What I don’t like: it fell on the floor 4-5 times, and squashed inside my pouch for 3 weeks. Now, it has this crack on the label. 😦 Also, prolonged use might result to cracked lips. Be sure to moisturize prior use.
Buy again? Yes! I’ll wait until it expires (or when I get very much irritated when I see the crack)
Disclaimer: My reviews might not be 100% objective, I try to be at least. No, I’m not paid to do this nor have any sponsors – I sponsor myself.